Elementary Mentor Teacher
Michigan International Prep School is a tuition-free, K-12 online school. We believe in helping students succeed through meaningful, personal connection, and customized learning.
We're always on the lookout for passionate educators who are flexible, engaging, and committed to helping student achieve their highest potential.
Elementary Mentor Teacher
Reimagine Education, LLC is a privately-owned management company for Michigan International Prep School, a publicly funded Cyber Charter School.
At Michigan International Prep School, we want our students to pursue what makes them different. No two people are identical, and it doesn’t make sense to treat them like they are. That’s why we create a unique learning pathway for every MIPS learner, built around their talents, interests, location, and schedule. Students are first in our school.
Reimagine Education, LLC is seeking an Elementary Mentor Teacher who will play a critical role in the Michigan International Prep School. This position has primary responsibility for supporting students and teachers for Michigan International Prep School and Reimagine Education, LLC. These include, but are not limited to, all state and school policies and procedures pertaining to curriculum and instruction. The successful candidate will display keen attention to detail, possess a variety of complex computer skills, critical thinking skills, and a keen sense of having strong organization skills for a complex and ever-changing environment.
● Valid Teaching Certificate for Michigan.
● Ability to handle multiple tasks at once in an
● Ability to analyze curriculum in accordance with established standards
● Works well with a team
● Very strong customer service skills
● Maintain a positive “can do” attitude
● Be a strong communicator
● Face challenges with the focus on creating a better educational model for our students
● Be a self-starter and an independent thinker.
● Primary focus is in supporting elementary students and families in making progress and learning in the virtual school environment.
● Computer Knowledge
● Technological skills (Chrome, Google, and etc.). Must be able to adapt to new technology rapidly
● Demonstrate ability to plan and evaluate strategies for improving instruction
● A pleasant personality and positive attitude toward working with administration, staff, and community members.
● Develop trusting relationships with students assigned to the Mentor Teacher
● Provide individual & small group instruction in person and online
● Monitor student progress weekly and help the student stay on track in learning and completing courses successfully and on time
● Establish and communicate clear expectations and guidelines
● Communicate with school administrators, and parents using email, text messaging, and phone. MIPS requires Mentors to have meaningful conversations with students and families at least twice a week
● Ability to work with individual and small groups of students virtually via: Google Meet and Zoom
● Establish rapport with students and encourage academic success
● Meet with the student as needed and keep detailed records of all meetings and communications in the appropriate system
● Maintain communication with grade-level teachers
● Help interpret instructor feedback by reviewing the assignment and the rubric or grading standards with the students
● Assist with student orientations for newly enrolled students
● Proctor NWEA testing
● Work with the MIPS team in developing motivation strategies for students on the Mentor Teacher caseload
● Assist students in developing a schedule that is effective to online learning
● To be informed of all policies and procedures
● Carry out other duties and obligations as assigned to facilitate the School’s mission, goals, standards, and Education Program
● Mentor must honor written Board Policies and Administrative Regulations
● Mentor must be able to stand for a minimum of 30 minutes at a time
● Mentor must be able to lift 25lbs
● Mentor must be able to sit in chair for long intervals
All applicants are required to submit a completed application, cover letter, resume, three letters of recommendation, teaching certificate and college transcripts.
Reimagine Education, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The position is subject to Reimagine Education, LLC policy, rules, and regulations. As Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, It is the policy of the Michigan International Prep School and Reimagine Education, LLC that no person shall on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age or disability be excluded from participation and be denied the benefits, or be subjected to discrimination under program or activity and in employment, further Reimagine Education, LLC strictly adheres to the provision of Title VI of the Civil Rights Acts of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and all Michigan Department of Education policies and regulations prohibiting discrimination.
● Dental insurance
● Health insurance
● Life insurance
● Vision insurance
Apply for This Job.
Interested in other jobs at Michigan International Prep School?
If you think you would bring something special to our team, but this particular position isn't a great fit, we'd like to invite you to explore our other open positions. We look forward to hearing from you!