School Guidance Counselor
Michigan International Prep School is a tuition-free, K-12 online school. We believe in helping students succeed through meaningful, personal connection, and customized learning.
We're always on the lookout for passionate educators and support staff who are flexible, engaging, and committed to helping student achieve their highest potential.
NOTE: To apply for this position, please click the link above or use the application form at the bottom of the page. You can also email all required documents (a completed application, cover letter, resume, and three professional artifacts demonstrating evidence of the required qualifications) to email@example.com
School Guidance Counselor
Any Lab Location
Reimagine Education, LLC is a privately-owned management company for Michigan International Prep School, a publicly funded Cyber Charter School.
At Michigan International Prep School, we want our students to pursue what makes them different. No two people are identical, and it doesn’t make sense to treat them like they are. That’s why we create a unique learning pathway for every MIPS learner, built around their talents, interests, location, and schedule. Students are first in our school.
The School Guidance Counselor works closely with the Academic Advising team and the Director of Curriculum and Instruction to promote student success by collaborating effectively and providing guidance to parents/guardians, teachers, mentors, administrators regarding educational and occupational goals. The person in this role will provide guidance and oversight of scheduling, transcript evaluation, and progress towards meeting MIPS graduation requirements.
● Michigan Teacher Certificate with a Guidance Counselor Endorsement (NT)
● School Guidance Counselor License issued by the Michigan Department of Education (MDE)
● Masters Degree is required.
● Meet Highly Qualified standard under ESSA.
● Experience in a school setting.
● Knowledge of Michigan Merit Curriculum and current graduation requirements.
● Knowledge of NCAA requirements for high school students planning to pursue athletics in college.
● Must develop genuine and positive relationships with students.
● Experience with integrating technology into the learning process.
● Ability to maximize technology for effective communication with students, staff, and parents.
● Ability to handle multiple tasks at once in an effective manner. ● Works well with a team.
● Very strong customer service skills.
● Maintain a positive “can do” attitude.
● Be a strong communicator.
● Face challenges with the focus on creating a better educational model for our students.
● Technological skills (Chrome, Google, and etc.). Must be able to adapt to new technology rapidly.
● Provide high quality academic advising and course scheduling support that aligns with the district’s educational vision and mission and the MMC requirements.
● Conduct individual and group advising sessions for students.
● Coordinate ongoing systemic activities designed to assist students in establishing personal goals and developing future plans.
● Organize and facilitate sessions related to college and/or career planning.
● Provide responsive services designed to meet students’ immediate needs and concerns. Responsive services may include academic advising in individual or small group settings.
● Maintain accurate confidential records.
● Communicate with school administrators, and parents using email, text messaging, and phone.
● Ability to work with students virtually via: Google Meet and in person.
● Assist students in developing a schedule that is effective to online learning.
● Evaluate transcripts to determine credits earned and progress toward graduation.
● To be informed of all policies and procedures.
● A pleasant personality and positive attitude toward working with administration, staff, and community members. Evidence of ability to establish working relationships that result in increased efficiency and effectiveness.
● Must honor written Board Policies and Administrative Regulations.
● Must be able to stand for a minimum of 30 minutes at a time.
● Must be able to lift 25lbs.
● Must be able to sit in a chair for long intervals.
All applicants are required to submit a completed application, cover letter, resume, and three professional artifacts demonstrating evidence of above qualifications.
Reimagine Education, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The position is subject to Reimagine Education, LLC policy, rules, and regulations. As Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, It is the policy of the Michigan International Prep School and Reimagine Education, LLC that no person shall on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age or disability be excluded from participation and be denied the benefits, or be subjected to discrimination under program or activity and in employment, further Reimagine Education, LLC strictly adheres to the provision of Title VI of the Civil Rights Acts of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and all Michigan Department of Education policies and regulations prohibiting discrimination.
● Dental insurance
● Health insurance
● Life insurance
● Vision insurance
Apply for This Job.
Interested in other jobs at Michigan International Prep School?
If you think you would bring something special to our team, but this particular position isn't a great fit, we'd like to invite you to explore our other open positions. We look forward to hearing from you!