Michigan International Prep School is a tuition-free, K-12 online school. We believe in helping students succeed through meaningful, personal connection, and customized learning.
We're always on the lookout for passionate educators and support staff who are flexible, engaging, and committed to helping student achieve their highest potential.
NOTE: To apply for this position, please use the link above or use the application form at the bottom of the page. Be sure to include all required documents. We look forward to reviewing your application!
Reimagine Education, LLC is a privately-owned management company for Michigan International Prep School, a publicly funded Cyber Charter School.
At Michigan International Prep School, we want our students to pursue what makes them different. No two people are identical, and it doesn’t make sense to treat them like they are. That’s why we create a unique learning pathway for every MIPS learner, built around their talents, interests, location, and schedule. Students are first in our school.
Reimagine Education, LLC is seeking an innovative MUSIC TEACHER who will create and teach asynchronous Elementary Music classes for our diverse population of students that live all across Michigan. This position also includes providing online private music lessons for beginning piano and voice students. This Music Instructor will be part of a pioneering team that has created a never before seen encompassing online Arts program that draws out creative potential in students in the areas of Music, Art, and Theater. The successful candidate will be comfortable with productive change and embrace the opportunity to be part of a team reshaping the way students engage in and demonstrate learning. This position will report directly to the DIRECTOR OF THE ARTS.
● Current Michigan Teaching Certificate with a JX or JQ endorsement. (Meeting Highly Qualified Status)
● Bachelor's degree or higher. (Meeting Highly Qualified Status)
● Proven ability to effectively draw out students love of the music and discovery of creative potential
● Proven innovator of music curriculum development
● Experience in synchronous/live and asynchronous online music instruction
● Work and Collaborate to make everyone around you better including staff and students.
● Ability to handle multiple tasks at once in an effective manner
● Works well with a team
● Very strong customer service skills and strong communicator
● Maintain a positive “can do” attitude
● Face challenges with students and have the mindset that every student is different and their education should be personalized to them. No student will slip through the cracks
● Build a village around the students and families
● Be a self-starter and an independent thinker
● Technological skills, computer knowledge, and ability to rapidly adapt to new technology (Chrome, Google, and etc.)
● Responsible for building a relationship and personal connection with students and parents
● Set weekly, monthly and yearly goals that are both academic and non-academic with students and track them daily to ensure success
● Provide progress reports weekly to students and parents
● Help students to build soft skills including communication, time management, goal setting, good habits, and self-reflection
● Keep detailed records and notes of communication with students and families
● Conduct student orientations and clearly communicates expectations of being a MIP’s Student
● Connect students with teachers, administrators, and staff as needed.
● Create asynchronous Elementary Music Curriculum under the guidance of the Director of the Arts
● Provide individual online music lessons for beginning piano and voice students
● Monitor student progress weekly and help the student stay on track to complete the courses successfully and on time
●Create and deliver exceptional online delivery of music instruction utilizing tools such as Google Docs, website development, Zoom, Camtasia, and other relevant industry tools
● Develop and maintain students’ Educational Development Plan (EDP)
● Help students find their “Pathway” and electives that help them develop towards their future plan
● Be part of the team for IEP’s and 504’s, work with Special Education Teachers to ensure students are getting their educational needs met
● Build rapport with students’ parents to help them be part of the “Village” for the student
● Activate classes in the learning platform based on student schedule and maintain target/end dates
● Create and update google classroom to keep students informed and engaged
● Attend all required meetings including Professional Development and staff meetings
● Help students find their “Why” and what comes after school
● Know your students and be an advocate for them
● A pleasant personality and positive attitude toward working with administration, staff, and parents
● Carry out other duties and obligations that are determined to facilitate the school’s mission, goals, standards, and Education Program
● Mentor must honor written Board Policies and Administrative Regulations
● Mentor must be able to work from a designated Learning Lab as scheduled
● Mentor must be able to stand for a minimum of 30 minutes at a time
● Mentor must be able to lift 25lbs
● Mentor must be able to move throughout the Learning Lab
● Mentor must be able to sit in chair for long intervals
All applicants are required to submit a completed application, cover letter, resume, and three professional artifacts demonstrating evidence of above qualifications.
Reimagine Education, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The position is subject to Reimagine Education, LLC policy, rules, and regulations. As Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, It is the policy of the Michigan International Prep School and Reimagine Education, LLC that no person shall on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age or disability be excluded from participation and be denied the benefits, or be subjected to discrimination under program or activity and in employment, further Reimagine Education, LLC strictly adheres to the provision of Title VI of the Civil Rights Acts of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and all Michigan Department of Education policies and regulations prohibiting discrimination.
● Dental insurance
● Health insurance
● Life insurance
● Vision insurance
Apply for This Job.
Interested in other jobs at Michigan International Prep School?
If you think you would bring something special to our team, but this particular position isn't a great fit, we'd like to invite you to explore our other open positions. We look forward to hearing from you!