Special Education Teacher
Michigan International Prep School is a tuition-free, K-12 online school. We believe in helping students succeed through meaningful, personal connection, and customized learning.
We're always on the lookout for passionate educators and support staff who are flexible, engaging, and committed to helping student achieve their highest potential.
NOTE: To apply for this position, please use the link above or use the application form at the bottom of the page. Be sure to include all required documents. We look forward to reviewing your application!
Special Education Teacher
Starting at $55,000
Reimagine Education, LLC is a privately-owned management company for Michigan International Prep School, a publicly funded Cyber Charter School.
At Michigan International Prep School, we want our students to pursue what makes them different. No two people are identical, and it doesn’t make sense to treat them like they are. That’s why we create a unique learning pathway for every MIPS learner, built around their talents, interests, location, and schedule. Students are first in our school.
Reimagine Education, LLC is seeking an innovative Special Education Teacher who will play a critical role in the Michigan International Prep School. This position has primary responsibilities of managing course work, supporting students in their academic progress, and developing course content designed to meet the needs of diverse learners. This person will have the ability to work well with other teachers, staff, students, and parents while handling multiple tasks. The successful candidate will be comfortable with productive change and embrace the opportunity to be a part of a team reshaping the way students engage in and demonstrate learning. This position will report directly to the Director of Special Education.
● Current Michigan Teaching Certificate (Meeting Highly Qualified Status)
● Ability to handle multiple tasks at once in an effective manner
● Ability to analyze curriculum in accordance with established standards
● Knowledge of best practices in grading student work
● Works well with a team
● Very strong customer service skills and strong communicator
● Maintain a positive “can do” attitude
● Expert knowledge in the use of assessment and assessment data to implement them effectively
● Face challenges with the focus on creating a better educational model for our students
● Be a self-starter and an independent thinker.
● Technological skills, computer knowledge and ability to rapidly adapt to new technology (Chrome, Google, and etc.).
● Demonstrate ability to plan and evaluate strategies for improving instruction
● Provide Resource Room for students in High School
● Co-Teach in areas of expertise. Keeping communication open and dialogue with co-teaching partner, students, and parents
● Evaluate and assess student
● Provide weekly, monthly and quarterly progress reports
● Attend weekly meetings with mentors, teachers and other staff
● Attend yearly meetings with all students and parents on caseload to discuss the following year
● Provide individual & small group instruction in person and online
● Monitor student progress weekly and help the student stay on track to complete the course successfully and on time
● Develop and implement instructional programs in Employee’s areas of expertise in accordance with the Educational Program established by the Director of Curriculum & Instruction
● Ability to work with students virtually via: Google Meet and in person
● Establish rapport with students and encourage academic success
● Grade Daily Assignments and Tests and approve final grades
● Create a learning environment that is welcoming, supportive, and flexible enough to meet individual student needs
● Supporting students through in-person and virtual lessons
● To be informed of all policies and procedures
● A pleasant personality and positive attitude toward working with administration, staff, and community members. Evidence of ability to establish working relationships that result in increased efficiency and effectiveness
● Apply approved techniques for the ongoing assessment of learning
● Carry out other duties and obligations that are determined to facilitate the school’s mission, goals, standards, and Education Program
● Teacher must honor written Board Policies and Administrative Regulations
● Teacher must be able to stand for a minimum of 30 minutes at a time
● Teacher must be able to lift 25lbs
● Teacher must be able to sit in chair for long intervals
All applicants are required to submit a completed application, cover letter, resume, and three professional artifacts demonstrating evidence of above qualifications.
Reimagine Education, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The position is subject to Reimagine Education, LLC policy, rules, and regulations. As Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, It is the policy of the Michigan International Prep School and Reimagine Education, LLC that no person shall on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age or disability be excluded from participation and be denied the benefits, or be subjected to discrimination under program or activity and in employment, further Reimagine Education, LLC strictly adheres to the provision of Title VI of the Civil Rights Acts of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and all Michigan Department of Education policies and regulations prohibiting discrimination.
● Dental insurance
● Health insurance
● Life insurance
● Vision insurance
Apply for This Job.
Interested in other jobs at Michigan International Prep School?
If you think you would bring something special to our team, but this particular position isn't a great fit, we'd like to invite you to explore our other open positions. We look forward to hearing from you!